Saturday, June 8, 2013

Wake Up And Feel The Lightning

At 8am I was sitting on the side bed with a dizzy headache. We have a lot to do today.... I kept thinking that over and over. My back was hurting and my feet were burning. A sensitive burn. A kind of burn that feels hot and cold at the same time.

Like coming in from playing in the snow. Your hands feel like ice. So cold and frozen. You run hot water over your skin and rather than feeling warmth coarse through your veins you feel an icy burn. Stinging, prickly, stabbing pain.

Have you ever been shocked just by touching a door knob? Or by shaking hands with some one? Felt a jolt from a light socket or while hanging the Christmas tree lights? 

When one of these unexpected jolts hit, you might yelp from a combination of surprise and pain. For me it's more pain than surprise. Because I know it's going to happen, I just don't know where I'll be or what I'll be doing. But I know the shocks will be so intense I will see the veins pulsating. Imagine watching a vein throb so intensely that it bruises before your eyes. 

Now imagine waking up every day knowing this was going to happen through out the day. Anytime. Anywhere. And there's nothing you can do to stop it. 

K.I. Real

No comments:

Post a Comment