Friday, June 14, 2013

Mourning Mode

Someone.....somewhere.....once said.....the eyes are the window to the soul.

I've been told many times that I have a beautiful smile. I've seen pictures. I know that I have a big smile. And that my smile is reflected in my eyes. They shine as brightly as my smile.

However, recent pictures look much different from those of the past. Pain has stolen that twinkle. Sadness has dimmed my once bright smile. That big smile is smaller and sometimes fake.

Please don't misunderstand, I love my life. But I grieve for things that I've lost. I'm disheartened by family that seem to care little about my pain or struggles. I miss friends who have given up on me because I'm no longer available to give, or do, or help. It hurts to see people go on with their life with little or no thought about me, a person they claim to love and care about.

I've just been in mourning mode lately. I'll be glad when I snap out of it.

K.I. Real

No comments:

Post a Comment